Tuesday 20 March 2012

Current book list.

Good morning everyone! Well, good evening in Charlottes case. I've just woken with extremely fuzzy eyes as I was up until 2am helping Leon with his college project. I was just typing as he read it out to me and, although I'm struggling to keep my eyes open now, it was actually very interesting. He was writing a magazine article about the evolution of the turntables, starting with the invention of the phonograph by Thomas Edison in 1877!

Between that and meeting with other hens to share ideas about dresses and hen dos for CAs wedding, it meant that I couldn't do what I wanted to do, which was basically pick out a new book and curl up with a cup of tea! As I have just finished my last book I thought I'd do a quick book review and let you know what else is on my list...

I have just finished Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini. I bought it in paperback ages ago but never got around to reading it but then Kate read it and recommended it so I picked it up while I was away in New York. It is a lovely YA book about demigods, in the same style as twilight and the other series that I really enjoy (fallen, hush hush etc...). I definitely fell in love with the characters but unfortunately it is the first in a series and the next one doesn't get released until 5th July! Very frustrating although I have just pre-ordered it.

I seem to be waiting for a few books at the moment, including the last books from the fallen, hush hush, and divergent range of books. I must learn not to start until all the books are complete!

I have a huge list on my kindle of books that I am waiting to read but made the mistake of following The Perpetual Page-Turners blog. She does a top 10 every Tuesday! I just can't get 10 books in per week although I would love to! It's a nice blog though so thought I'd share it with you.

I think I am going to read Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire next. The reviews look pretty good and it seems to be a slightly more grown up book. I'll let you know how I get on.....

(P.S. sorry about the lack of pictures, I can't seem to put them on in the correct order and in between text when I use the blogger app)

No comments:

Post a Comment