Wednesday 28 March 2012

'Sewing for Pleasure' at the NEC

Well I have been meaning to write about my day at the NEC on Saturday so here goes.....
We arrived about 12.30 and knowing that the catwalk show was at 1.00, our first mission was to locate the catwalk.  Having found it we realised that seats were being occupied fast so we had better grab ours while we could!  It turned out that winners of the Sew Hip competition had been allocated front row seats so we needn't have worried. 
After a few students and various other groups showcasing their designs we came to the competition winners.  Charlotte's design definitely being the best of the lot, a very deserving winner, although maybe I am biased! 




Very proud of Charlotte, and also quite proud of myself  'cos I have managed to download/upload? an app that enables me to insert photos and videos (with a little help from George)!

So after more photos taken with the winning entries Carolyn and I went our separate ways to explore all the exhibits and see what goodies we could find.  I bought a few bits and pieces but mainly just found lots of inspiration.  What I did find though was the Janome stall and I managed to have a good look at Charlotte's new sewing machine and watch in on a demonstration.  Wow, there is no end to what that sewing machine will do.  I know that you will make very good use of it Charlotte, I am only a teeny bit envious!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment